For Android devices on versions 9+
Toggle Bluetooth scanning under "location" in settings:
1. Go to settings>location>improve accuracy> toggle Wi-Fi and Bluetooth scanning off and back on (or if already off, turn it on)
2. Repeat steps below
a. Clear all app data
b. Clear Bluetooth cache
c. Delete/reinstall the app
d. Allow all permissions
e. Go to improve accuracy turn it off and on
f. Power down the tablet and turn it back on
First, Delete and re-download the app. We must make sure you have the latest version of the APP. We update the app often, and making sure on the newest app, is important.
The graphic image is the latest instructions that we are including to assist with this process. It has images to help.
Navigate to your settings on the device, scroll down to location services, make sure they are turned on with high accuracy. Then open the app, click a workout, you will see a red drop-down that says disconnected, click this, then click your bike name in the device pop up window. Then enjoy the ride!
Open the app on your device. If you tap "more" at the bottom right, then "select equipment", then choose connect bike, a screen will ask you to connect. Tap and a device list will appear.
Tap the "ECH" device (should be the only one listed) and your bike will beep and the light around the button will stop flashing indicating your bike is connected. Go to https://youtu.be/TwWIL4CqJJk to review these steps.
- If you are using an old version of Android, you will see Application, instead of "Apps". Also, you need to select Application manager from there.
Select Show system or Show system apps from there. Now you will see the whole system apps on there.Scroll to Bluetooth share, then click storage and then click clear data, and or clear cached whichever is high lighted.
Then open the app and attempt connection.
If this doesn't work, please contact us, we will seek further details on:
- the Android version of your new tablet
- whether the firmware of your bike requires updating
- if the connectivity problem is specific to the new tablet, the Echelon Fit app or the bike.
It will also be helpful to know if you are able to establish a connection with a different device.